Christmas Multi Zone Conference


December 14, 2015

Hello Everyone,

This week was fairly interesting here in Progreso. I feel like I still haven't been here that long, but I am getting close to five whole months in this place. Last night after dinner we all were sitting around telling stories about things the missionaries have happen to them (like dogs eating my phone, painting doc's office, birthdays), and I am the only one who even was here for most of them. I have cycled through two groups of missionaries here, and I am still going strong.

Christmas here is way bigger than it was in Olanchito last year. My area here in Progreso is the richest area I have been in, and they are taking the season very seriously. Everything is so lit up and it is so cool. I would take a picture and send it, but taking a camera out at night in a Honduran street falls into the "bad idea" category. Sorry.

This week has been pretty chill. I am feeling better, well, as good as I can feel. Sometimes I feel like the Honduras food wants to kill me, haha. We have had water on and off all week, which basically means that I am back to the old routine of bringing in water from outside, filtering it with a sock, and bucket showering. It might not clean me, but at least I smell a little better than before. It's good stuff, I promise.

This week we had the Multi.Zone Conference with President Klein and Zona La Lima. It was really cool. President talked a lot about obedience, and even more about Jesus Christ. I was definitely on a spiritual high. It was so great, as meetings with our mission president always are. We even had a white elephant gift exchange. Everyone made something by hand (I made a scripture cover that doubled as a white board), and then we passed them around in circles for a while. I thought my gift was pretty cool until I watched the sister missionary open it, not like it, then put it back. Haha. But whatever. It was fun.

I am really loving the last holiday season here in Honduras. It is hard not to get a little homesick, but we are gonna work it right out of our system. We put a goal as a district this week to find 60 new people to teach, so we will see how that goes. I hope you all have a great week.

Elder Aldrich

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.