Hot Chocolate in 95 Degree Weather



Photo by Sister Klein

October 26, 2015

Hey Everyone,

We had another great week. I am loving the heat, the sun, and the unusual lack of rain. Who knew that Honduras could be dry? Well, it is, and people are getting worried. I am less worried because no rain means clear (not clean, but clear) water, and I don't feel like I am showering in mud.

This week I had the opportunity to go on companionship exchanges with one of the new Elders in the district. His name is Elder Ward from Blanding, Utah. 50 points to anyone who can find it on a map ;). He is a really cool guy. He reminds me a lot of myself when I was just getting started, and he says a lot of stuff that reminds me of my brother Tyler as well, haha. We had a good day, and even fit in a chess match while waiting to report numbers to the zone leaders. He beat me, but I had him scared. Kinda.

While in exchanges, we went to a guy that the missionaries have been teaching for an eternity. He is the epitome of an eternal investigator, but we visit him once a week just to keep him interested until he can change his job schedule. Anyway, we went to visit him, and he gave us some hot chocolate. At first I was like, "seriously? It's like 95 degrees outside. This could kill us." But then I was like, "Holy cow this is fantastic." Haha. It was home-made. Like they picked the cocoa, dried it, roasted it, and then ground it. It doesn't get fresher than that. It was fantastic.

In other news, my companion has been having some pretty intense back pain, which is impacting his ability to work. Despite our limited hours of working, we had a decent week. He is starting to feel better, so we are very excited for this coming week. The highlight of which will be tomorrow, because my companion and I will be traveling to La Ceiba for a meeting. It will be in my old building and everything, so I think that I will be able to see some converts there.

Well, I hope you all have a great week. Don't forget to read your scriptures.

Elder Aldrich


Photos via The Mission President's Wife's blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.