Variety is the Spice of Life


May 4, 2015

Hey everyone.

As I said last week, this last Wednesday was change day. My companion did, in fact, get changed. I was pretty bummed to say goodbye to him. We really became great friends during the last couple weeks together and I was sad to see him go. But not too sad. Changes are always fun and bring the needed variety into our normal routine.

My new companion is Elder Miranda from Guatemala. He is pretty cool. He has 20 months in his mission, so he has come to La Ceiba to finish up his time her in Honduras. I am excited to learn from a veteran. Up until now, I haven't had a companion with more than 13 months in the mission. Haha.

For those of you who will not be talking to missionaries this weekend, you may not have noticed, but this weekend is Mother's Day. I hope that all you mothers out there enjoy your special day. I hope you all enjoy it.

This week we have been running around like chickens with our heads cut off. We are trying to get to know the members, find new investigators, help people overcome addictions, reactivate people, and even get some people married. That is a lot for two 19 year old boys to do on their own, but we are seeing miracles every day here. The changes in these people are incredible and it never ceases to amaze me to watch the Spirit work on people.

This week it has been raining like crazy here. In some areas, rain helps with contacting because people feel bad, so they accept us out of pure pity. Here, however, people decide that rain gives them the right to sleep, so we kind just stand in front of people's homes and yell "buenas" hoping that someone will hear us. Haha. This next week we are planning to contact a ton, so we are hoping for less rain.

I hope you all have a great week. Thank you so much for all the support. I would like to give a special shout out to the Moon Family (whoop!) who sent me a package with Nutterbutters, cause they're cool like that. Haha.  Thanks to everyone who has sent me a letter or package! Thanks a ton.

Elder Aldrich

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.