Elder Caleb Aldrich called to serve in the Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission
Takin a Swim
March 30, 2015
Hey Guys,
This week has been pretty great. We haven't really done a whole lot, but we did successfully have a baptism. Stim asked Elder Ramirez to baptize him, and Otman (we all thought it was Ossman until we filled out his baptismal record) asked the bishop to baptize him, so I stayed dry this time. It was really neat to watch all of our hard work show some results. Elder Ramirez and I are really excited because all of the people we found when I first got here are getting really close to being able to get to make the important decision to get baptized. We are hoping to see two more baptisms in April...but it will be up to them.
On Friday, I went on divisions with Elder Clouse from Mesa, Arizona. He's one of our Zone Leaders. It is always a great experience to go teach with other white guys. People all stare at us kinda funny, but they all talk to us to see just how much Spanish we can talk, and it always surprises them just how well we speak. It was fun to get to teach some people in Spanish, then have secret conversations in English walking down the street haha. He goes home in June, so most of our conversations were about home, but we talked a lot about the mission. He's a really cool guy, and his philosophy about missionary work is very similar to mine.
I am really excited to have conference this week. It's cool as a missionary because we can tell everyone that if they have any doubt about modern day prophets, all they have to do is show up at the church building Saturday or Sunday for two hours. A lot of people have told us that they are going to come, and we hope to be able to bring some of our major investigators to help them gain a stronger testimony. I always love conference, but it is even cooler as a missionary. I encourage you all to go with a question about something, then take notes. I promise you that you'll receive an answer. Conference is cool like that.
I hope you all have a great week. Enjoy your Spring Breaks and Conference Weekend!
Elder Aldrich
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.